Friday, January 28, 2011

Friday Shoulders, tris & LUNGES

So, Ive decided that my recent penchant for lunging has helped my caboose. I have NEVER EVER like the way my hindparts look. I once saw a picture of me from behind-one word comes to mind-PAN ASS. Awful genetics, really. So, I decided after reading lots of fitnessy related stuff that lunges of all sorts could give me a little lift...and I think Im seeing it! I even got a compliment on it! So, three days a week I am lunging in differnet planes of motion, with differnt weights, etc.. Weds was heavy legs day (didnt glog it...) but it was my standard heavy squat, leg press, Stiff legged deadlifts, quad extensions, hamstring curl machine.....and static Smith machine lunges. Thursday was a wash out...stupid snow. I did make it to the gym & almost got thru my back workout when I had to get home. Hubby had conference calls and the kids could make those not so good!
So...Ill log todays workout & eats (not bad...just not enough)...My weight dropped. Any other time I would be super psyched that I lost 5 pounds without trying but in contest prep I am afraid that could mean some muscle is sliding off too...argh!


7AM-1 whole egg + 3/4 c egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal 15 almonds

Shoulders:
OH DB press: 25 x 10 x 5
1/4 lateral raises w/25's: 20 x 4
Lateral raises (full): 10 x 10 x 4
Ascending get down get up OH DB press w/10 lbs: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10 (Basically you hold the weights straight arm over head and do the # of reps then go down to your knees and get back up while keeping your arms up and locked out...then resume the press to 2, then 3, and so on)
Front raises:10x10x4 (in between did lunges with a twist with a 16lb med ball 20 between each set)
Face pulls: 45x10x4 (along with tricep skullcrushers 20lbs in between each fp set x 12 x 4)

Cable crunches (100lbs x 20 x 4) with bench dips 10 x 4
Close grip chest press 30 x 12 x 4 (along with exercise ball hamstring curls 20 x 4)

All of this took about 70 minutes. Yep. With resting between 30-45 second between each set, potty break (2) and drinking water (got thru 64 oz water at the gym-yay!)

Lunch Meal 2 11:45AM: (Friendlys...the kids being out of school for snow days is KILLING my workouts!)
1/2 turkey club & salad with fat free Italian dressing.

Meal 3 2:00PM: 1 cup egg whites & 1/4 cup shredded mozerella cheese & 1 T almond butter...

Meal 4 5:00PM:1/2 PB&J (low sugar jelly ...but still processed and crappy low carb bread)

Meal 5 6:30PM: 3/4 cup egg whites & 2 cups steamed asparagus.

I am full and have no desire to have a protein shake at bedtime but...I will...cause I will wake up tomorrow regretting that decision.

So...we are going to be traveling to Florida tomorrow! YAY! So...no blogging for at least a week while me & my family escape the cold, crumminess of this snowy weather and get our south florida groove on:)

Hope everyone is doing great with whatever goals they have focused on. Ya know, you are always stronger than you think, I promise!





1 comment:

  1. Love love what lunges do for me, my booty is a bit round already so I don't need it... But I like it! ;)
    Also love those bulgarian split squats!

    ReplyDelete