Wednesday, January 5, 2011

25's, Metallica & Skullcrushers

When I workout I like to "set up" what Im doing before I start-whether with actual weights or visually scan what areas are busy at the time. I realize this is incredibly self centered and its not just my gym but..well...I spend a lot of time there and am used to my routine. Sue me! HA! So, yesterday (Tuesday) I had shoulders to do and it went fabulously. BUT...there werent any 20 lb dumbells...anywhere. I looked...everywhere. even tried to snake a set away from a personal trainer...oops. So, I had my work cut out for me...Seated overhead dumbell press at 25lbs. Ok then. Heaviest I have gone yet...which is wussy to some. But to me...i was super psyched!
So then heres the workout from Tuesday (yesterday):

5:15-6AM-CARDIO...20 mins HIIT on the treadmill both speed & incline intervals then remainder of time incline walking between 8-15 % at 4.1 mph

Strength training 9:45-11:15AM (yes...90 minutes...I spend more time on weights than cardio...it works for me!!!!)
SHOULDERS:
Seated DB press(Didnt think I could pull it off for every set...but I did thanks to Metallica!!!)
25 lb x 4 sets x 10 reps with 45-60 secs rest in between, precisely. (I am a geek)
HEAVY 1/4 lateral raises (new exercise) 25lb x 20 x 4 (ouch)
Seated front DB raise 15lb x 15 x 4
Cable Face Pulls 5 plates (I think around 50/60lbs) x 10 x 4
Seated overhead Military Press 55 x 10 x 3, 60 x 10 x 1 (fyi...bar weighs 45lbs I added a 5lb & a 2.5 lb plate)

TRICEPS (I usually do some kind of lunge in between sets)
Skullcrushers 20 lb bb x 15 x 3, 30 lb bb x 15 x 1 ss with walking lunge w/med ball with a twist
Close grip press 30lb bb x 12 x 4 ss with rear lunges
Cable pull downs 60 x 12 x 1, 55 x 12 x 3 (If Im reading the plates right)
Bench dips 4 x 12 ss w/lying 5lb weighted leg lifts 3 @ 20

Abs (been slacking but I have learned that they are TRULY made in the kitchen)
Cable crunches 90 lbs x 20 x 1, 100 x 20 x 2

DONE!

Food yesterday was okexcept I ate an EAS bar-1/2 before & 1/2 post strength training because I didnt have my protein shake. And...not enough good protein...clearly!

7AM-3/4 c egg whites, 1/2 cup oatmeal with splenda & almonds, coffee w/sugar free creamer
9:15AM-1/2 EAS bar
11:45AM-1/2 EAS bar
12 noon-2 cups salad greens, 1 cup roasted brussel sprouts, 6 oz ground turkey burger (NO BUN!), 1/2 cup oatmeal
3:30PM-4 oz ground turkey
5:00Pm:protein shake
Off to train a super cool client then...
7:45PM-2 cups salad greens, 1 T fat free balsamic dressing, 4 oz turkey...
HOT TEA with splenda at bedtime...yay!

Plan for wednesday...LEGs...but....




4 comments:

  1. I do the same thing, I'm always scamming to make sure people aren't messing with the weights I need to get through my set. Selfish? Sure. But our goals are high! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh good! I'm not the only one. Sometimes people innocently try to come in between sets when I'm resting. Usually, they are super apologetic but the other day....my friend was using the pec deck. Between his set, He stood up, walked about 12 inches away from it and said about 2 words to me. Then, This lady literally almost shoved him out of the way so she could hop on. He, very politely, said he wasn't finished (30 seconds max had elapsed) but she didn't care and got right on!! He had his log book right under the seat & everything! Crazy people!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dreaded New Year Newbies....just give up on that dumb New Year resolution already so the rest of us can get back to work!!!
    --Crabby Craberson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im such a crabby crabberson & I use that term all the time B...where were you born & what does your mother look like!! HA!!!

    ReplyDelete