Friday, January 28, 2011

Taken for granted

So...Id like to dedicate this post to my sister from another mother, M. Yes...it is a little bit of a mea culpa but mostly a lesson in making sure you acknowledge those amazing people who walk into your life and are instantly like family. We met at the gym and I knew what a special person M was by her perpetual smile and sunny disposition-always. After getting to know her better I realized we are very very alike and I have decided she is like my sister from another mother.

SHe is an amazing athlete-ran 26.2...caled me afterwards and said, "I feel great" It was Halloween & she went trick or treating with her kids that night! I wouldnt have been able to walk for a week afterwards...but not M. She is that rare gem of a person who is always open & kind, non judgemental and seriously...like instant family. And, at times, we take the fact that our families are always there for us for granted. I dont ever want my friends-incredibly special ones like M-ever feeling that way. Its her smiling face and conversations that make 5:15am a bearable time to workout. Its her committment to being a great athlete that I so respect and its her love of friends and family that I so admire. Just sayin...:)

2 comments: