Thursday, January 6, 2011

Because I lift weights....

Ok...heres another PSA. I have to say it. Ladies say all the time,"I dont want to lift weights, I will get to big" Ba hum bug. Enough. I will dispute that fact until the day I die and I have the pictures to prove it is false. Complete junk. IF you want to change your body you HAVE TO lift weight. Have to. No ifs ands or butts. (like that...butts??haha)

I have always been around 140lbs & a size 8 when my body functioned properly (pre thyroid cancer wackin it out) & pre offspring. Post kids was between a 12-14 for a while. Then stuck around 10. Those were not the good ol' body days. Promise. I didnt have a muffin top. I had a 12 pack of muffins. It was uncomfortable, unattractive and hurt. I hated it. Fast forward...today January 6, 2011...

I am 145 but...My pants are between a size 4 & 6. If they are 6's I get a a booty pooch cause I have pan ass (flat butt...Im working on it tho..sue me...its my Irish). Otherwise, most pants fit me appropriately in the sz 4 range. Yes. No lie. I have the pics & the pants to prove all of it. And, there isnt camel toe either.

My really awesome (former...he has moved many miles away) trainer told me at the start of my journey in 2008,"Katy if you want to lose weight, change your diet. If you want to change your body lift weights." No lie. His name is Dan. He is very smart for being so young. Wise beyond his years. That and he doesnt bull$hit around.

I now have a shape to my body. It might not be the shape everyone appreciates. But, I do I do! Most of the time, I have a 4 pack...but I know I can create a six pack. I have had it. My arms & legs have definition. Cellulite is almost nonexistent. I can do all sorts of daily tasks with the kids and not get sore. I have no back problems. I no longer have knee problems. Why, you ask? Because I lift weights. enough. Im all done. thanks for reading.

7 comments:

  1. after charlotte, weights were a more consistent part of my workout and i noticed a huge difference! something I've always been confused about, though....heavier weight, lower rep or lighter weight, more reps???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. That whole quote always makes me laugh. It just makes me go "Oh really? Then why isn't everyone big if its that easy?!"

    PS-I LOVE working my butt. Favorite body part. Ding! Ding! Ding! haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. And she got me at Camel toe...hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PSA, pan ass, camel toe.....where do I begin? Oh katy you are awesome!
    BTW - CONGRATS on the M&FH website - forum topic of 2010 holy cow!!! your beautiful pic is right up there on the home page!!! If i was you I'd be emailing it to every person I had ever met and trying to print it out to make flyers.
    Well, I guess I can say "I knew you when..." {sigh}...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was pretty excited just to get December topic of the month....and I told EVERYONE!!! Topic of 2010- I hope you are shouting it from the rafters. :D

    I completely agree with this and am even gonna demonstrate it a bit. I'm 5'8" 145ish and wear a size 4 as well. My sister who was (before I started working with her) 165 and wore a size 12-14 and had 39% bf is now 145 and wears a size 8. Same weight 2 different sizes. But bf% is way different. My LBM is 120 and hers is closer to 105. ....Mainly because she refuses to beleive she won't bulk if she lifts weights (even though I'm proof).

    ReplyDelete
  6. any post that mentions "camel toe" is awesome! You rock katy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Or I am always lingering in the potty realm! My mom doesnt know how to work a computer so I know she will never read this AND I dont think my mom in law will check out the blog nor understand what camel toe is!

    ReplyDelete