Thursday, January 13, 2011

One sick, two sick...

Yea. So, kinda like a Dr Seuss book. One is sick, then two sick then a vomit here, sore throat there people are illin everywhere. (yes...Im a dork)

NO WORKOUT TODAY WHICH STUNK! Nah...Ben was sooo super sick I couldnt imagine leaving him. We went to the doc who gave him a medicine to keep him from vomiting so that he wont dehydrate but now it is making him so sleepy and he doesnt want to drink. Dammed if we do dammed if we dont. Doc has no idea what it is...maybe virus...maybe something more exotic and dramatic. He wants us back in the morning to reevaluate.

I heard him wake up this morning but didnt hear him come down the stairs. 20 mins goes by.
me:"Ben, where are you?"
Ben:"In the bathroom"
me:"You ok?"
Ben:"I think Im s*....." followed by the lovely sounds of bodily fluids erupting. gross, I know. he couldnt keep anything down or in. But, with the zofran he has kept in about 6 oz of fluid & 3 saltines. Doc says he might want us back this afternoon to get IV fluids if he throws up again. :(

So...today is a bomb. Tomorrow, I will kick ass & take names. The boy comes first, tho....

2 comments:

  1. Oh I feel for ya sista. Wasn't everyone just sick not so long ago? It sucks...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you're rhyme is cute, not dorky :-p I do wish it was about something happier than sick people - I hope they get better soon!

    Days off from the gym are good for recovery, so just hit it hard tomorrow - then recover again!

    ReplyDelete