Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Sick little lamb:(

So, my kids always come first. Not sure if I have ever mentioned that before...but they do. Tuesday & Wednesday are no exception. My little girlie-Maggie-is supersick. Tuesday she didnt go to school...and I didnt get ANY workout in. Good thing...my diet has been super great. Not working out makes me an angry bihatch but when it comes to the little people I birthed I cannot get upset....I just have to say "oh well". My grand plans were to get in a long cardio session Weds early AM...before attacking my legs mid morning. Well....

At 5AM I stepped on the scale-141!!!!!!!! WAHOO! I just need to get to 135 in 6 weeks. That I kno I can do if I keep the super clean eats going. So, given that Maggie had been running a fever & wasnt feeling well and knowing that I would be attacking my legs later on I decided NOT to do the intended cardio session. Good thing...Mags was up really early...with a 103 fever!!! WTH!? My poor girl cannot catch an immunobreak! Luckily I had been proactive and asked a sitter to come hang with her while I went to the gym. Besides the fever, Mags "seemed" well-she ate a huge breakfast, drank tons of water, soymilk & juice and was acting like her typical silly energetic self...so I left and went to do my leg workout. About 90 minutes later, as I was driving home from the gym my hubby (who works from our house) called to tell me Maggie had fallen asleep at 11:45! This, my friends, never happens...ever...If she falls asleep it is usually by 12:30/1PM. NEVER before noon. I got home ate my delish protein, green veggies & clean carb just in time...then...

BARK! BARK!Attempt at CRY! BARK! BARK! Scream. oh boy...croup. I bolted upstairs to find my poor precious girlie standing in a puddle :( crying and attempting to breathe thru the stupid croupy cough! Got her into the bathroom & steamed her out for about 15 minutes but as I was holding her I felt heat coming off her body like a hot radiator. Yep. 104.5. SHIT SHIT SHIT! Called the doc who wanted her in stat (she has a really crummy immune system...) and the verdict...besides the stupid croup...INFLUENZA B! NO NO NO NO NO NO! Now...

Lethargic little lamb. She looks awful but I have gotten the first dose of Tamiflu in. She has atiny bit of stridor I can hear from here (Im about 12 feet away from her as I write) but nothing too freaky...its been worse. Maggie has a genetic condition that i will blog about at some point. Its called Treacher Collins SYndrome. If you google it, it will freak you out. No kidding. It can be very severe. Hers is just moderate. Thank goodness. She has moderate-severe bilateral conductive hearing loss & wears hearing aids. She has a small jaw (micrognathia)Shes had some kooky medical issues her whole life related & unrelated so this is pretty par for the course. I just hope she gets a break at some point:(

But...I did get my leg workout in!!!! And abs, too!
Here it is:
SQUATS:
95 x 12 x 2
115 x 10 x 2
135 x 8 x 3

Leg Press:
90 x 15 x 4

Smith static lunges:(did BW lateral/curtsy lunges in between sets 10 x 5)
20 x 12 x 5

Stiff legged Deads:
95 x 12 x 2
115 x 10 x 3

Curtsy Lunges w/BB:
Bar (45lbs) 12 x 3

Quad extensions:
70 x 10 x 3
60 x 10 x 2

Hamstring ball curls:
20 x 3

Hamstring machine curls:
70 x 10 x 4

Abs:
Ball tuck crunches 3 x 12

Incline (on bench) oblique 10 lb medicine twists: 15 x 3

Then I S-T-R-E-T-C-H-E-D....my legs so needed it. Then, I indulged in a nice long hot"ish" shower.......

Happy night everyone....Back & biceps are going to have to be done early AM tomorrow due to my little lamb being so sick...I probably cant go as heavy at 5:30AM. This should be interesting.......



2 comments:

  1. Poor Maggie! There is nothing worse than a sick little one. The early nap is always a tip off, huh? I hope she is feeling better today. I'm sure all the Mommy love will help her!
    I saw a documentary on Treacher Collins, wow. I saw Maggie's pics on Facebook and she is ADORABLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks! She s such a little firework!

    ReplyDelete