Sunday, April 3, 2011

The Proof!







THIS PICTURE! September 2007. Maggies baptism. Tons of people at my house to celebrate my tough little girlie. I fit in nothing. I cried because I looked like everything was a tent. Really, I just wanted to wear sweatpants & a t-shirt & be done with it. As tho u had no idea...Im in the middle between my adorable sis in law & my mom...A reminder of 185 lbs. I am about two weeks away from a cancer diagnosis in this picture, 45 lbs heavier than I am now, 5 months postpartum with Maggie, still nursing OBVIOUSLY (or pumping every two hours!!!...due to Treacher Collins Syndrome/small jaw she couldnt ever really latch), achy, bloated, exhausted & size 14. I could barely comprehend what was happening that day my brain was so fuzzy. I felt like a cement block in my body & mind. I promise. Its me....



forward to Jan/Feb 2011. Heres me again! Cancer free since 2008! Thyroid meds in check & working! Dropped 40 lbs. working hard in the gym & eating right at home. Honestly, its the me that feels better. My body doesnt hurt. I can carry on a conversation without feeling like my brain is imploding. Im a better friend. I have stamina. I dont get exhausted going up stairs. You can see my eyeballs cause my face isnt bloated. My boobs went from like an E to a B (actually, that kinda stunk). I can pick up Maggie, chase Ben, build sandcastles, play soccer, run 10 miles if I want to...all without getting exhausted & fatigued. I PROMISE. IF I CAN DO THIS ANYONE CAN. And, I promise, you'll just feel better. You can do anything:)

3 comments:

  1. you are amazing. I love your story and I love how you live your life. You are a great friend and an awesome mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are such an Inspiration to all. Happy for you girl.

    ReplyDelete