Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Holy Moley...no posts for a few days...but...here I go!

So...I just found out I am anemic & that my thyroid meds are not enough. fantastic. lovely. joy to the world. Ive been a little tired and a little unfocused recently. Ive also been running out of gas quickly during my workouts-THAT SUCKS! Even Metallica cant fuel me so much...and I truly havent even started diet cutting yet... Good thing is that my meds got upped and little iron + vitamin C should do the trick...within 6 weeks I should be feeling it-oh great. Ill have to propel myself like a mad woman thru my workouts until that time. I am wondeing does anyone use workout "enhancers" like Jackd3D? Thoughts? Any other suggestions? Id really rather not use this stuff but my energy is sucking...

So my eats & beats...
Heres a little tidbit of what I have got going on....
Monday was shoulders...did my standard workout for shoulders & triceps (look back on other workouts & ul see what I mean) but I ran out of gas at the end and know I didnt squeeze every bit of glycogen out of my muscles. I should have pushed harder but ran out of gas. Then, for legs & booty, I did 100 box jumps, 80 rear lunges with 15 lb dbs.

Monday was also Valentines day. After getting the news that I am severely anemic I took it upon myself to have skirt steak fajitas for our dinner out at Austin Grill...minus the rice, tortillas & most of the beans. I ate the meat and veggies...super salty but super yummy. I have no appetite so I forced it down! Breakfast was my standard oatmeal, bluberries & egg whites...
Lunch was 5 oz chicken breasts w/2 cups romaine lettuce. Snack was some kind of power bar...oh and asparagus...always my beloved asparagus...in all the standard quantities!!

Tuesday was back & biceps...again...gas tank has been feeling "un-full" which stinks. I didnt even do standard dead lifts to start-my usual workout routine always includes those progressing the weight up til failure. Nope. not Tuesday. Heres the specific workout:
5:15-6:15am...Treadmill walk-intervals on both speed & incline the entire time. Otherwise its is super boring;(
9am-10:30 Back & Biceps
Barbell rows with an underhand, close grip: 20 x 12 x 4 with 30 seconds of rest in between only
t-bar rows: 1 x 25 x 10, 2 x 35 x 10, 2 x 45 x 10
Bent over single arm rows:30 x 10 x 4, 35 x 10 x 1
LPD:50 x 10 x 3, 60 x 8 x 2
Low Row: 60 x 12 x 4
Assisted Close grip pull ups ( not sure how much weight assisted me but pin was prob 3/4 way up the stack) to failure...close to 50 I think...

Biceps;
Barbell curl 30lbs x 12 x 4 (in between sets threw in abdominal cable crunch 20 @ 100 lbs x 3sets)
Incline Db curls:15 x 10 x 4

Then...off to Maggies school to host a Valentine Party a day late:)

eats...
B @ 7:15...standard oatmeal w/blueberries & egg whites (see a pattern here???)
Preworkout-1/2 Balance bar
Postworkout-didnt have anything but a handful of gummy bears on the way to the party so I majorly screwed my muscles! Then about an hour after the party...and two hours after working out I ate 1/2 a subway turkey sub on whole wheat loaded with veggies & mustard only...
Then for a "snack" about 4 hours later I ate the other half!
Dinner @ 7PM-(crazy day & I wasnt feeling really well..stupd head cold is kicking my butt!) I had a repeat of the breakfast meal.

Wednesday (today)...was SUPPOSED to be a BIG LEGS DAY but my sitter couldnt make it on time, I had too many errands and so...I did only 45 mins cardio (steppmil & treadmill) at 5:15am...no legs...which I am bummed about. My body definitely craves a big workout. I *might* try to lug the kids to the gym this evening but it gets soo crowded and crazy and I pretty much cant stand it. Blah!

So...there goes....OH!!! OH!!! I registered to compete in the Natural North America (INBF) in Alexandria, Virginia on April 30th. First "official" registration Ive completed...so now...no more excuses...time to kick ass & take names...and have fun doing it!!! YAY!

Hope everyone is doing well!!!!
Katy
Cable curl





4 comments:

  1. My husband likes Jack3d. He says it was even great during cardio (I could never use the NO Synthesize for cardio-it would make my heart race). He says it draws you in to help you focus.

    Just going off what he's said since I've never tried it and am not using anything currently. But if you need something to help you get through the next few weeks-do whatcha gotta do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can read reviews on it here:
    http://www.nutritioncompany.net/forum/yaf_postsm5_USP-Labs-Jackd3d.aspx

    It got good ones! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I use superpump and I'm really loving it. It does help with energy I find. I don't use it everyday but when I feel like I have no energy it does help.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried any of the 'enhancers'...too chicken. I guess caffeine is as crazy as I get!
    How crazy that with all the animal source protein you are anemic??!! I hope the iron kicks in soon :)
    So you ran out of energy and still did 100 box jumps and a zillion lunges - hate to see you on a full tank - you're awesome! Gonna kill it at the April show!

    ReplyDelete