Thursday, December 30, 2010

FIGURE COMPETITION countdown begins

This is my second "official" blog...the first being back in July when I knew virtually NOTHING about the world of figure competition! What i DID know is that I love training and training for a figure competition brought with it an incredible focus to how I train. It also brought with it some real recogition...I am actually ok at this stuff! I won first in every category I entered in my very first competition-OCB Charm City Classic in baltimore, MD on 10/9/10...my lucky day for sure!!! Two weeks later I placed 3rd in my category in a national Competition the Yorton Nationals held in bethesda, MD on 10/23/10...and now, its like Ive been bitten by the "bug".
Tho I am NOT competitive by nature, I find preparing for a competition brings out my inner competitor...mostly with myself!

Weight lifting is my therapy...some might even say its my addiction. I love it. I love to see results, I love to chart my progress and see I am getting stronger.

Today I am working shoulders & chest. Hopefully, I will get some abwork in as well but I have come to discover that the way to truly get a "six pack" is thru dieting...plain & simple. Clean eating does it. I know the path to get there is laden with food temptation and breaks in willpower. But, I did it before...and Ill do it again!

Will blog my workout later on....

4 comments:

  1. I will be following along for sure! You were my 'competition inspiration' (whoa say THAT 3 times fast) and I'm excited to follow your prep!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am following too-but I follow by putting a link on my blog. It's easier for me to get to that way. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katy - you are so awesome! How about you post some food stuff! I need to know how you got those abs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mean my nina turtle shell abs? Hahaha!

    ReplyDelete